How do you register your child in a school for special nursery or primary education (BuBaO) in Brussels? These pages tell you how and when to do this:
Which children should be registered?
Starting special education for the first time
Does your child attend mainstream education now, but will they attend special education next school year? Then you can register them in a school for the type of special education for which your child has a report from the CLB.
Read all about the different types of education in special elementary education here (in Dutch).
Is your child changing schools within special education...
- at the start of a new school year? Then you must re-register your child. In schools that work with an application procedure, you must first apply for a place for your child before you can register them in a new school.
- during the school year? Then contact the new school and ask if there are still places available.
For which schools do you need to apply for a place?
BuBaO schools with an application procedure
In the following schools, you must apply for a place for your child before you can register them:
- GO! Heemschool I BuBaO (Neder-over-Heembeek)
- Kasterlinden BuBaO (Sint-Agatha-Berchem)
- Klim Op School (Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe)
- Koninklijk Instituut Woluwe (Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe)
- SPES BuBaO (Anderlecht)
- Sint-Jozefschool (Anderlecht branch)
BuBaO schools without an application procedure
In the following school you can register your child directly:
- Sint-Jozefschool (Sint-Jans-Molenbeek branch)
Stay up to date
Want to stay informed about the registration procedure for special elementary education for 2023-2024? If so, please provide your email address below.