These schools apply a separate procedure:
- Koninklijk Instituut Woluwe BuSO (for pupils with autism spectrum disorders)
- Kasterlinden (for pupils with autism spectrum disorders, deaf and hearing-impaired pupils or pupils with a language disorder – OV2 and OV3)
- Cardijnschool Anderlecht (for OV1, OV2 type 2 and for OV3 observation year)
- Heemschool 2 (for OV1 and OV2 type 2 and type 4)
Step 1. Applying for a place
Sign up between 1 March 2021 from 9.00 am and 12 March 2021 until 4.00 pm. Do this with the pupil guidance centre (CLB) or your current school or your first choice of special secondary education school. The school needs the following details:
- the pupil’s name
- the pupil’s address
- the telephone number of the parents or guardian and the e-mail address
- the pupil’s national register number. If you do not have a national register number, then contact the helpdesk of the local consultation platform, LOP Brussel, on 02 553 05 82, in advance.
- your first choice school, your second choice school
- the language of the parents
Step 2. Ranking
The pupils who have signed up are ordered by school choice. First come the pupils who gave the school as their first choice, then the pupils who gave it as their second choice. After this, the pupils are put in order using a computer program on the basis of a randomly generated number. This random number determines the child’s place in the school’s ranking.
Step 3. Informational message
You will receive a message about the allocation of places on 18 March 2021. You will then know whether or not you have a place. Contact the school for the registration.
Step 4. Registration
Register your child at the allocated school between 22 March and 23 April 2021.
Do you have a place? Register your child and state your agreement with the school’s educational project and regulations. Request proof of registration. Did you not get a place? You will receive a rejection letter automatically via the local consultation platform (LOP).
Step 5. Open registrations
From 27 April 2021, you can also register openly in these four schools. You can find the number of available places here. Check the overview before you register your child.
Do you have a place? Register your child and state your agreement with the school’s educational project and regulations. Request proof of registration. Did you not get a place? Request a rejection letter.