After primary school, your child will enter secondary education. Here you will find everything there is to know about enrolling in a Dutch-speaking secondary school in Brussels.
Enquire on time. Why?
- Choosing a school and a course of study takes time.
- In some schools you will need to apply for a place first.
- Some pupils have priority.
How does the registration procedure in the secondary education take place?
- Want to register your child in the first year of secondary school? This takes place in 3 periods:
1. Priority for siblings of pupils and children of staff
2. Apply for a place or register
- 1A (with application procedure)
- 1B (without application procedure)
3. Open registrations
- Want to register your child in the second year of secondary school or in higher years? This takes place in 2 periods:
1. Priority for pupils with a Dutch-speaking parent
2. Open registrations
- Want to change schools?
- Want to register your child in part-time learning/working?
- Want to register your child in a school for special education?
The short instructive film below explains how to register your child in a Dutch-speaking secondary school in Brussels. This film is translation of the Dutch film.
Make sure the sound is turned on while watching the film.